The PA Governor’s Cup and Oktoberfest Celebration is coming up in just a couple of weekends? Who’s going? Add your name to the ICLA “who’s coming?” list – http://www.lightningclass.org/racing/calendar/eventDetail.asp?ID=1080 – and then review the documents below. Let’s try to get a great Fleet 50 turnout for this regatta!
We have two great District Regattas coming up: the PA Gov Cup (complete with Oktoberfest Celebration!) on Oct. 11-12 and the 63rd Annual Frigid Digit on Oct. 18-19! These are both fantastic regattas in great sailing venues. At last count at least 15 boasts are signed up for the PA Gov Cup and 28 are signed up for the Frigid Digit. Sign up now using the links below so you don’t miss these great District Regattas!
63rd Annual Frigid Digit Who’s Coming & Regatta Info — make sure your registration is postmarked by this coming Saturday (Oct. 11) to get the early registration discount (see NOR).
What a fun weekend! I sailed with Nabeel and Steve (a Susquehanna local) in the PA Governors Cup Regatta this past weekend, and we had an absolute blast. The sailing was challenging (but fun!) and the Oktoberfest celebration after the racing was amazing. Thanks to the great folks up in Susquehanna for putting on such a great regatta. If you weren’t there this year, then put it on your calendar for 2014! Keep reading for a full write-up of the regatta as well as links to photos and video from the sailing and the post-race Oktoberfest celebration.
We’re off and running in the fall racing season! In addition to the weekly PRSA Sunday Series races, I want to emphasize that we have a number of great Dixie District regattas coming up this fall. Mark your calendars, organize your crew, check your trailer bearings, and get ready to travel for some great racing!
- SMSA Small Boat Invitational: 28-29 September, Solomons, MD. The folks down at SMSA are working hard to put together a Lightning division for this regatta, so let’s all head down to support them and then to enjoy some fun at the Tiki Bar after the racing!
- PA Governor’s Cup and Oktoberfest Regatta: 14-15 October, Wrightsville, PA (Susquehanna Yacht Club). Great racing and a legendary celebration!
- Frigid Digit: 19-20 October, Annapolis Maryland (SSA). A fall classic just up the road in Annapolis!
- DC Sail Halloween Regatta: Saturday, 2 November. A great regatta that helps support a great cause!
- Hampton Fall Fling: 16-17 November, Hampton VA. A great way to wrap up the fall sailing season!
Traveling to one or more of these regattas is a great way to get some more great racing under your belt against some top-notch competition. It’s also a fantastic way to staying touch with all of the great sailors we have in the District. Let’s try to get a great Fleet 50 showing at each of these regattas this fall!