We’ve got some great sailing opportunities coming up — take a look at the links below and sign up!
- DC Sail Cantina Cup: Saturday, August 15. A great regatta, a fun party, and a fundraiser for a fantastic cause.
- Olivia Constants Team Race: August 22-23. Try your hand at something new, and support a great cause. You just need to have a skipper/crew; boats are provided and teams arranged on site via random pairing for 2 vs. 2 racing on Saturday, and more traditional 3 vs. 3 teams racing on Sunday.
- PRSA Fall Tune Up Regatta: Saturday, August 29 or Sunday, August 39 (date will be finalized soon). This will be a one day regatta for practice and on-the-water coaching. Scores will not count towards any series. This will be a great chance to tune up before the fall series, and perhaps to get some new crew out on the water. Check back for more info soon!
- Duck Challenge Regatta: August 29-30. A great regatta up in Havre de Grace, and our first Dixie District Purnell Cup Regatta of the fall!
- PRSA President’s Cup: September 19-20. This is the signature fall event for PRSA. Let’s make sure to get a great turnout in the Lightning Class! Register and pay online before September 12 to save with the early registration discount!
We have a whole host of great opportunities coming up this weekend! Our friends at SSA up in Annapolis have organized a Lightning Lab to be conducted by class champion Allan Terhune for Friday, May 9. The No Gas Regatta will be held on May 10-11, and the Olivia Constants Foundation Fundraiser will be held on the evening of May 10. Here are the complete details for each event:
May 9-11th – No Gas Regatta Weekend at SSA
An Opportunity to Learn: Lightning Labs hosted by class champion Allan Terhune
Friday May 9th starting at 1000: all day clinic concentrating on tuning, tactics and strategy, both on and off the water (detailed schedule posted below).
Saturday & Sunday: briefing before and debriefing after racing on both days.
Contact Joan or Gary Hurban, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-923-2497
An Opportunity to Race: No Gas Regatta May 10-11th
Usually some of the best Chesapeake Bay sailing conditions of the year are in May, without the motorboat chop. Just $60!
As usual, Please let us know if you can come:
An Opportunity to Support a Great Cause: The Olivia Constants Foundation
will be holding its annual fundraiser on the evening of Saturday May 10th. A night of celebration with great food,drink and entertainment (flyer posted below). To purchase tickets, go to:
For more info contact Steve Constants, email@example.com for more information. www.oliviaconstants.org
Lightning Lab Flyer
OCF Fundraiser Flyer
Our friends up at SSA in Fleet 329 will be hosting the No Gas regatta on May 11-12. Mark your calendar and make plans to attend now — it would be great to have a strong Fleet 50 showing at this regatta! The full NOR with links is posted below. You can download registration form from and fill out one copy at http://severnsailing.org/racemanagement/entryform.pdf
Please note that the No Gas is being held in conjunction with the 1st Annual Olivia Constants Foundation Fundraiser. Competitors are invited to attend the Fundraiser for dinner on Saturday evening. Advanced tickets are recommended and can be purchased at http://www.oliviaconstants.org
Here are the links for the 2013 No Gas NOR and for information on the 1st Annual OCF Fundraiser.
We are one week away from the Dixie District Championship Regatta! Click the links below to see who is coming, to add your name to the list, to see the NOR and other information, and to find out about our voluntary fundraiser in support of the Olivia Constants Foundation that we’re holding in conjunction with the Districts.
- Dixie District Regatta: June 9-10 (Washington Sailing Marina). Regatta Chair: Bobby Astrove.
- OCF Fundraiser: teams that volunteer to raise funds for the Foundation and the good work it does in honor of Olivia’s giving spirit will not only be supporting a great cause but will also be eligible for prizes from the foundation. Put your competitive spirit to work and help support this fantastic cause!
We look forward to seeing you all on the water at the Districts!