We didn’t have much breeze for the 2017 PRSA President’s Cup, but that didn’t stop us from having fun! With 9 Lightnings registered we were anxious to get racing. It was fantastic to see Geoff Bishop (sailing with his daughter … Continue reading
Over the summer of 2017 we will be transitioning from our old Yahoo! Group to a new Google Group for our email listserv. Our new Fleet 50 Google Group will be at this web address: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/fleet50. Follow these instructions for joining … Continue reading
Fleet 518 will be holding the Poquosen Challenge & Crabkill, sponsored by Yuengling, on August 19 if there is enough interest. Please let Jim Dillard know if you can attend, along with the following information:
- I’ll be there with ____ others
- Would you like a bed? (bring sheets and towels, 1st come…)
- How many w/ eat crab? Need to know as they are the big cost
Registration is $5, dinner is $20/ person. Remember we usually sail w/ 2 but more are OK too.. So if you wo/ like to join us please let Jim know. We need at least 7 boats.
Notice of Regatta
The Poquoson Challenge is a one-day event sponsored by Fleet 518 and will be held on the beautiful Poquoson River just south of the York River on Saturday, July 29, 2017. This is strictly a fun regatta. You can sail with one person or as many as you like. There will be no on shore skippers meeting. Check in at 38 foot white sailboat. The first race will start at 1:00. There will be 4 or 5 short windward /leeward races finishing to windward. One line at committee boat for start and finish. These races will be governed by the “Racing Rules of Sailing.” No protests, please.
Racing will be followed by a crab and beer feast (barbecue will be available) at Jack & Lynn Shepherd’s — 218 Kings Grant Dr.. PLEASE LET JIM KNOW HOW MANY IN YOUR GROUP WOULD LIKE CRAB OR BARBQUE! Yuengling will be the beer!
The after race party will be Entrance fee: $5.00. Dinner $20.00/ person. Public launching is available on the Poquoson with a tow available if needed. Please see the NOR for directions and additional details.
- Dixie District Championships: June 24-25
- Spring Series #7: Absolutely Fantastic Racing on the Potomac!
- Team As You Wish Win Their First Regatta!
- SSA No Gas Regatta: Two Days of Great Annapolis Sailing
- PRSA Spring Regatta: May 27-28
- 2017 Potomac Cup Results
- Leesylvania Park Cleanup Day: May 7!
- 2017 Doc Gilbert Potomac Cup: May 13-14!
- Fleet 50 Tuning Day: A Great Success!