We’ve got some great sailing opportunities in the month of August! Take a look below, sign up on the regatta websites, and get ready to race!
First, don’t forget about our Fleet Tuning Day on Saturday, August 3 (1:00 p.m. at WSM). This is a great chance to tune your boat, meet some new faces in the fleet, and hear from some of our experienced fleet sailors. If the weather is good, we’ll go for a sail as well! Visit the Tuning Day website to sign up so we know who’s coming and to read all the additional details.
Once you have your boat tuned, you’re all set for the late summer and fall racing season! Here’s the rundown of our upcoming Dixie District regattas and other sailing opportunities:
- Fishing Bay Yacht Club One Design Regatta, August 10-11. Ron Buchanan can get a start for the Lightnings if at least 7 commit, so let Ron know if you’re interested and sign up on the ILCA “who’s coming” list (using the link above).
- Poquoson Challenge and Crab Feast, August 17. A great regatta and a fun party! Let Jim Dillard (email@example.com) know if you’re coming!
- DC Sail Cantina Cup, August 17. We hope you can make it down to Poquoson to support Jim and his regatta, but if you’re stuck in DC on the 17th then you might consider the Cantina Cup — DC Sail’s annual fundraiser, which combines some fun racing with a great party.
- Duck Challenge (Havre de Grace), August 24-25. The folks up in Fleet 192 always put on a great regatta and throw a great party, so sign up now on the ILCA “who’s coming” list (using the link above)!
- PRSA President’s/Leukemia Cup, September 7-8. This is PRSA’s flagship fall regatta, and also a chance to raise some funds for a great cause. Sign up now on the PRSA regatta webpage (use the link above) so we know that you’re coming. If you are interested in raising funds, you can indicate that when you register and the LLS will send you additional information.
We hope to see you out on the water soon!